Sunday 1 December 2013

Kādi ir latvieša cimdi? What are Latvian Mittens?



Maruta Grasmane "Latvieša cimdi"

God, I want this book! I've just phoned my mom in the desperate hope that she would find it in Latvia, but, frankly, I don't have any hope. There's no this book online anymore, even in Latvian online book stores...

Good news (there always must be good news): I found latvian wool in Germany, and have almost ordered some to try. It's a bit too thick for the fine mitten patterns I usually use, but I can always knit socks, you know. And I've also ordered another yarn, which is not from Latvia but I guess it suits quite well for knitting mittens.
Looking forward to the post!
Я так хочу эту книгу ("Латышские варежки")! Но, похоже, ее больше нигде нет, даже в латвийских онлайн-магазинах. Позвонила маме, вдруг найдет, но, честно говоря, не надеюсь... 

Хорошие новости: нашла в Германии латвийскую пряжу. Правда, для варежек она чуть толстовата, но если что, свяжу носки. 
И еще одну пряжу нашла, не латвийская, но должна подойти для варежек.

С нетерпением жду посылочек!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash